Yet more Gold and Silver Medals for Long Wines’ award-winning range
The recent tranche of results from the AWC Vienna, Mundus Vini and Berliner Wein Trophy included yet more top medals for wines in the Long Wines range.
A total of six Gold Medals and eight Silvers in the AWC Vienna 2016 included Golds for Botijo Roble 2013 from winemaker Fernando Mora’s own winery in the IGP Valdejalón, as well as yet more Golds for Alma de Casa 2014, which has already won a Gold Medal this year from the Berliner Wein Trophy. Casa del Canto Roble 2013 from the DO Yecla is another double Gold medal winner with top awards at both the AWC Vienna and Mundus Vini. Finca Mónica from the DOCa Rioja also added a Gold from the AWC Vienna 2016 to its medal cabinet, already bulging with Golds from the Berliner Wein Trophy for its Tempranillo 2015, as well as Silver from Mundus Vini 2016 for its Crianza 2013.
Calamar Verdejo 2015 from the DO Rueda has won both Gold and Silver medals this year, at the AWC Vienna and Concours Mondiale de Bruxelles respectively.
Also worth mentioning are the medals won by more economical Vinos de España and Vinos de Mesa in the Long Wines range, with Castillo de Montoro 2015 Vino de España taking Gold in the AWC Vienna 2016, and Viña Unzaga NV, a Vino de Mesa, winning a Silver in the Berliner Wein Trophy. The latter, aged for a short time in oak, is frequently made using wine from Spain’s most renowned wine region, which, due to quota restrictions, cannot be sold with the DO label, meaning that it offers unbeatable value-for-money.
The Gold and Silver medals won this year include the following:
- Altos d’Oliva 2007 – DO Catalunya – Berliner Wein Trophy 2016
- Alma de Casa 2014 – DO Yecla – Mundus Vini 2016 and Berliner Wein Trophy 2016
- Botijo Roble 2013, IGP Valdejalón – AWC Vienna 2016
- Calamar Verdejo 2015, DO Rueda – AWC Vienna 2016
- Casa del Canto Roble 2013, DO Yecla – AWC Vienna 2016 and Mundus Vini 2016
- Castillo del Rey Tinto 2015 – Vino de España – Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2016
- Catanga Sauv. Blanc 2015 – Vino de la Tierra de Castilla – Berliner Wein Trophy 2016
- Finca Mónica Crianza 2013, DOCa Rioja – AWC Vienna 2016
- Finca Monica Tempranillo 2015 – DO Rioja – Berliner Wein Trophy 2016
- Lamatum Roble 2015, DO Ribera del Duero – AWC Vienna 2016
- Castillo de Montoro 2015, Vino de España – AWC Vienna 2016
- Pleyades Reserva 2012, DO Terra Alta – Berliner Wein Trophy 2016
- Amalia Garnacha 2015, IGP Valdejalón – AWC Vienna 2016
- Bos Tinta de Toro 2014, DO Toro – AWC Vienna 2016, Decanter World Wine Awards 2016, Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2016
- Botijo Blanco 2015, IGP Valdejalón – AWC Vienna 2016
- Botijo Rojo 2014, IGP Valdejalón – AWC Vienna 2016
- Familia Pacheco Organico 2015, DO Jumilla – AWC Vienna 2016
- Calamar Verdejo 2015 – DO Rueda – Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2016
- Chispas Shiraz 2015, DO Campo de Borja – AWC Vienna 2016
- Catanga Organic Tempranillo 2015, VdlT Castilla – AWC Vienna 2016
- Finca Monica Crianza 2013 – DO Rioja – Mundus Vini 2016
- Gran Clos 2009 – DO Priorat – IWC 2016
- Pleyades Garnacha 2015, DO Campo de Borja – AWC Vienna 2016 and Mundus Vini 2016
- Vega Escal 2012 – DO Priorat – IWC 2016
- Viña Unzaga NV, Vino de Mesa – Berliner Wein Trophy 2016
For information on our award-winning range contact the team at Long Wines.