In Prizes, Spanish wines
First medal announcements of 2018
Long Wines ended 2017 with a total of 15 Gold Medals and ten wines with Parker Point scores of 90+ so we are pleased that 2018 has also got off to a good start with 9 medals in the first rounds of Berliner Wein Trophy and Mundus Vini 2018.
These include Gold medals for Alma de Casa 2016 from DO Yecla, Altos D’Oliva Gran Reserva 2009 from DO Catalunya, Finca Mónica Crianza 2015 from DOCa Rioja and two wines from Fernando Mora MW’s Bodegas Frontonio: El Casetero tinto 2016 from DO Campo de Borja and Botijo Rojo Viñas Viejas 2015 from IGP Valdejalón. A recent launch, Chispas Apasionante 2015 from DO Cariñena, won its first award –a Silver from Mundus Vini 2018.
The list of medals won so far in 2018 is as follows:
- Alma de Casa 2016, DO Yecla – Gold Medal, Berliner Wein Trophy 2018
- Altos d’Oliva Gran Reserva 2009, DO Catalunya – Gold Medal, Berliner Wein Trophy 2018
- Botijo Rojo Garnacha 2016, IGP Valdejalon – Silver Medal, Mundus Vini 2018
- Botijo Rojo Viñas Viejas 2015, IGP Valdejalon – Gold Medal, Mundus Vini 2018
- Chispas Apasionante 2015, DO Cariñena – Silver Medal, Mundus Vini 2018
- El Casetero Red 2016, DO Campo de Borja – Gold Medal, Berliner Wein Trophy 2018
- Finca Monica Crianza 2015, DOCa Rioja – Gold Medal, Berliner Wein Trophy 2018